As every year, students from all over the world came to Varia to learn the Polish language. It’s hard to believe, but we had guests from 5 continents! :) During the very intensive 2 weeks, our students, accompanied by us, were discovering Kraków, Polish culture and the language. And we, thanks to them, had the possibility to get to know the whole world. But what did we do precisely?
Well, most of all, we were getting familiar with Polish :) Where?
- in a sunny café-garden
- at a restaurant
- on the Main Market Square
- in the Art Gallery
- in a bakery (trying to pronounce correctly: “Poproszę drożdżówkę z serem”)
- during a break between classes
- during our workshops
- at the school, of course :)
We mastered our abilities to:
- pronounce Polish sounds correctly during phonetic classes („Chłop pcha pchłę…”),
- express our emotions at slang workshops („Masakra!”),
- sing at a karaoke training,
- play during Polish language games,
- cook when we were preparing Polish pierogi (a few practical tips how to impress your Polish mother-in-law).
And in the evenings, there was the time to relax (while preparing homework, for example :)), to integrate and to have fun, which included:
- supporting football players during the World Cup,
- chilling at the beach,
- having late-hour conversations over Polish beer,
- exploring the city,
- watching Polish movies.
It’d take too long to name all the things that we did together. :) But how was it? Have a look yourselves!
So see you next summer and we’d REEEEALY like to thank you for the time that we spent together!